Article 1 (Personal Information)
“Personal information” refers to personal information as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, and is information about living individuals such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, etc., and also information that allows to identify a specific individual from the relevant information alone such as appearance, fingerprint, voiceprint data, and insurer number of health insurance certificate (personal identification information)
Article 2 (How to Collect Personal Information)
We may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, driver’s license number, passport number etc. when the user registers for use. In addition, information related to transaction records and payments made between users and business partners, including personal information of users may be collected from our partners (information providers, advertisers, advertisement distribution destinations, etc.)
Article 3 (Purpose of collecting and using personal information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information are as follows
- For the provision and operation of our services.
- To answer inquiries from users (including verification of identity).
- To send e-mails about new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the service which the user is currently using, and other services provided by our company.
- To notify the user about maintenances, important notices, etc.
- To allow users to view, change, delete, and view usage status of their own registration information.
- To charge users a usage fee for paid services.
- To identify and evaluate candidates for potential employment, as well as communicate with candidates and respond to applications.
- Purpose incidental to the above purpose of use.
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
- We are able to change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose of use is related to that before the change.
- If the purpose of use is changed, the changed purpose shall be notified to the user or announced on this website by the method prescribed by us.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party)
We will not provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of the user, except in the following cases. However, this does not apply when permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, safety, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or for the promotion of sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national institution or a local public body or a person entrusted with it to carry out the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations and obtaining the consent of the person will hinder the performance of the affairs.
When the following matters are announced or announced in advance and the Company notifies the Personal Information Protection Commission:
- Includes provision to third parties in the purpose of use.
- Items of data provided to third parties.
- Means or method of provision to a third party.
- Stop providing personal information to third parties at the request of the person.
- How to accept the request of the person.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the information is provided to a third party.
- When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When personal information is provided due to business successions such as mergers, etc.
- When personal information is used jointly with a specific person, and the items of personal information used, the range of people who use it, and the purpose of use can be easily known along with the fact that this information is jointly used and the name of the person responsible for the management of personal information is notified to the person in advance or placed in a state where the person can easily know.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
When requested by the person to disclose personal information, we will disclose it to the person without delay. However, if the disclosure falls under any of the following, we may not disclose all or part of it, and if we decide not to disclose it, we will notify this without delay. In addition, for the disclosure of personal information, we will charge a fee of 1,000 yen per case.
- When there is a risk of harming the life, safety, property, or other rights and interests of the person or a third party.
- When there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper implementation of our business.
- When it violates other laws and regulations.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle, we will not disclose information other than personal information such as history information and characteristic information.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- If the user’s personal information held by us is incorrect, the user shall correct, add, or delete the personal information (hereinafter “correction, etc.”) according to the procedure established by us.
- If we receive the request set forth in the preceding paragraph from the user and determine that it is necessary to respond to the request, we will correct the personal information, etc. without delay.
- We will notify the user without delay when we make the corrections, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when it is decided not to make corrections, etc.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- When we are asked to suspend the use (hereinafter “suspension of use, etc.”) of personal information because it is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or because it was obtained by fraudulent means, we will carry out the necessary investigation without delay.
- When it is decided that it is necessary to respond to the person's request based on this investigation, we will suspend the use of personal information without delay.
- In cases of suspension of use, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or if we decide not to suspend the use, we will notify the user without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, if there is a large cost required for suspension of use, etc., or if it is difficult to suspend the use, etc., and if necessary alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of the user, this measure will be taken.
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notifying the user, except for laws and regulations and other matters specified otherwise in this policy.
- To use Google Analytics service provided by Google inc.
About Google Analytics
Google Terms of Service
Last Updated June 17, 2022